Current career opportunities at Butler Dispatch LLC:
Job Type: Internship, Full/Part-Time
Job Location: Remote
Position Summary: As a journalist for Butler Dispatch, you would be working daily to ensure the latest news is posted on the largest news media outlet in Butler County, PA. This includes gathering news stories, interviewing witnesses and “tipsters”, answering phone calls via our call menu, learning the basics to social media reporting and search engine optimization, along with managing the largest Facebook page in Butler, PA.
- Currently in-school for journalism, communications, or an English-degree (or has previous experience reporting or managing a personal blog)
- Be able to adapt quickly to our framework
- Be able to post articles frequently and in a very timely manner
- Have excellent grammar and punctuation skills
- Must contribute 2 or more articles daily Monday through Saturday
- Must get along with people and dealing with the general public
- Must be able to work under a heavy workload or stress level
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Butler Dispatch LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Butler Dispatch LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Butler Dispatch LLC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Butler DIspatch LLC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.